Android Auto - Google Maps, Media & Messaging
Description of Android Auto
Just say “Ok Google” to...
• Route to your next destination using Google Maps or Waze with real-time GPS navigation and traffic alerts.
• Get updates on your route, ETA, and hazards in real-time.
• Have the Google Assistant check your calendar for you so you know where you need to be.
• Set reminders, get updates on the news, and check last night’s score.
• Avoid distractions while driving by setting a custom do not disturb message while driving.
• Make calls using Google Assistant and answer incoming calls with just a tap.
• Access your contacts folder and send and receive messages with the Google Assistant using SMS, Hangouts, WhatsApp, Skype, Telegram, WeChat, Kik, Google Allo, and many more messaging apps.
• Manage your infotainment system like never before. Listen to your favorite media apps including Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, Google Play Music, Amazon Music, SiriusXM, TIDAL - High Fidelity Music Streaming, Napster Music, and Deezer. Many more music, radio, news, sports news, audiobook, and podcast apps are also supported.
The number of compatible apps is always growing! For a full list of compatible apps, go to http://g.co/androidauto
To use Android Auto, you’ll need a phone running Android 5.0 or higher (Lollipop, Marshmallow, Nougat, or Oreo) and an active data connection.
Over 400 car models now support Android Auto! To find out if your car display is compatible and how to enable it, check your owner’s manual or contact your car’s manufacturer. Once enabled, use a high quality USB cable to connect your phone to your car, then launch Android Auto to get going!
Learn more about Android Auto and compatible cars at http://android.com/auto
For support: http://support.google.com/androidauto
Get help from our community: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/android-auto
• We want to hear from you! Join the conversation in our community https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/android-auto
Android Auto is a mobile app from an Android device, which will make it easier to use apps while you’re on the road with its simplified interface, large buttons, and powerful voice actions.
Once connecting your phone to the head unit in your car, the system mirrors will show the apps from the device to the vehicle's display. It not only supports touchscreen but also the button-controlled head unit displays.
As of January 2019, Android Auto is available in 36 countries, and the availability of apps is also gradually added. Over 400 car models now support this app.
What you can do with this app:
You can say where you are going and it will route you to the destination with real-time GPS navigation and traffic alerts.
You can set custom to refuse a disturbing message while driving.
You can use Google Assistant to answer and make calls with just a tap.
You can send and receive a message with the Google Assistant using WhatsApp, Skype, Telegram and many more messaging apps.
You can set reminders to get updates on the news or check last night's score.
You can let the Google Assistant check your calendar so you know what's your plan and where you need to be.
You can manage your entertainment system, and listen to your favorite media apps like Music Streaming, Spotify and Pandora.
It's free to download from the Google Play store, but it is a data-heavy service. You need a phone running Android 5.0 or higher in order to use this app. To know if your car display is compatible, you should check your owner's manual or contact the car's manufacturer. If it is enabled, remember to use a high-quality USB cable to connect your phone to your car, then launch the app to start your daily journey.
Previous Versions More >
Ratings @ Popsilla
- Category Auto & Vehicles
- Publish DateAugust 5, 2019
- Latest Versioncom.google.android.projection.gearhead_4.5.592854-release
- Size15.68 Mb
- RequirementsAndroid 5.0 and up
- Downloads 10,000,000+
English, French, German, Italian, Persian
- Package Name com.google.android.projection.gearhead
1. Popsilla does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the Google Play API, to help our users find the best apps to download.
2. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.
4. We guarantee the security of apk files downloaded from our site and also provide the official download link at Google Play Store.
Besides, the app you're reading right now:
1. is a mobile app;
2. will not change any system settings on your phone.