Description of Winmail.dat Opener
HOW TO OPEN A WINMAIL.DAT FILE:
You have two options:
1.) Select "Winmail.dat Opener" from the context menu of the winmail.dat attachment in your email client. This option does not work with all Android email apps as some do not allow a fine enough attachment-to-application mapping. If there is no "Winmail.dat Opener" in the context menu you have to use the second option.
2.) Save the winmail.dat attachment somewhere on your phone and start the "Winmail.dat Opener" app. The built-in file dialog will open and you can then select the previously saved winmail.dat file.
Once the ‘contained files’ list is displayed, you can open a file in a viewer by tapping it. If you want to save the extracted file you can long tap it.
WHY DOES THE APP REQUIRE A PERMISSION TO CONNECT TO THE INTERNET?
This app will extract the winmail.dat on your phone/tablet. Ordinarily, the extraction process wouldn’t require internet connection but as our app is ad supported, it will ask for permission for internet access.
THE APP CAN'T OPEN MY .DAT FILE:
Kindly note that not every file ending with ".dat" is a winmail.dat file. There are quite a lot of file formats which also use the .dat extension. So, before submitting a one-star review stating that our app didn’t work, please ensure that your file is indeed a winmail.dat (TNEF) file.
THERE ARE NO FILES IN THE WINMAIL.DAT FILE:
Microsoft Outlook does not only store attachments into a winmail.dat file, it also sometimes saves style and formatting informations. In those cases you will get an winmail.dat file which does not contain any additional files. If the winmail.dat file is rather small (less than 20KB) it is rather likely that it contains no files.
- Category Tools
- Publish DateSeptember 30, 2018
- Latest Version3430_1.10
- SizeVaries with device
- RequirementsAndroid Varies with device
- Downloads 1,000,000+
English, French, German, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Package Name com.treinhardt.android.winmaildat
Ratings @ Popsilla
1. Popsilla does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the Google Play API, to help our users find the best apps to download.
2. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.
4. We guarantee the security of apk files downloaded from our site and also provide the official download link at Google Play Store.
Besides, the app you're reading right now:
1. is a mobile app;
2. will not change any system settings on your phone.