Try out a set of included demos as well
• Earth: Fly where your fancy takes you on Google Earth.
• Tour Guide: Visit Versailles with a local guide.
• My Videos: Watch your videos on a massive screen.
• Exhibit: Examine cultural artifacts from every angle.
• Photo Sphere: Look around the photo spheres you've captured.
• Arctic Journey: Fly alongside Arctic terns, create your own flower garden, relax under the northern lights and more.
To fully enjoy this app you'll need a Cardboard viewer. Learn more and get your own Cardboard viewer at http://g.co/cardboard. Share your experience through our Google+ community at http://g.co/cardboarddevs.
Do not use this app while driving, walking, or otherwise by being distracted or disoriented from real world situations that prevent you from obeying traffic or safety laws.
Review @ Popsilla
Got name from its fold-out cardboard viewer, Google Cardboard app invites you to experience virtual reality (VR) in a simple and fun way right with your smartphone. Google Cardboard is available both for Android and iOS users, with apps on both platforms.
The app is designed to work with cardboard viewer so that users can set up their viewers, discover new apps and games. It gives everyone who has a smartphone the opportunity to experience VR. Of course, to fully enjoy the app, you need to purchase a Cardboard viewer which is incredibly low-priced ($15) compared to other similar devices on the market.
Cardboard viewer is the combination of a piece of cardboard and a couple of lenses in a simple form. The device looks more of a VR viewer than a full-blown headset due to the lack of a head strap to keep it in place. As a result, you're forced to hold the viewer with your hands which makes it seem not so handy.
Set up the viewer with the app
The latest version of the Cardboard viewer has a code for users to scan on. By scanning the code on your cardboard viewer with your phone, you can put your phone on the front panel and velcro it into the right place.
Things you can do
• Watch videos and photos on a massive screen.
• See everywhere you can find on Google Earth.
• Visit Versailles with a local guide.
• Fly alongside the whole world including the Antarctic Pole and the Arctic Pole.
Downside of the viewer
If there's light in the room, it may leak in through the gaps around your face. As a consequence, the viewer and reflect off the lenses will downgrade the quality of the images you see. Therefore, it's better to use it in darker conditions.
- Category Libraries & Demo
- Publish Date 2019-02-19
- Latest Versioncom.google.samples.apps.cardboarddemo_1.9.apk
- RequirementsAndroid 4.4 and up
- Downloads 10,000,000+
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Package Name com.google.samples.apps.cardboarddemo
Rated for 3+
- Price Free
- Copyright © Google, Inc.
Previous Versions More >
Ratings @ Popsilla
Comments @ Popsilla
1. Popsilla does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the Google Play API, to help our users find the best apps to download.
2. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.
4. We guarantee the security of apk files downloaded from our site and also provide the official download link at Google Play Store.
Besides, the app you're reading right now:
1. is a mobile app;
2. will not change any system settings on your phone.